Sweet & Savory Ancient Grains
Author: Lauren Hunsberger | Posted In: Eat | July 2019
pasta with raw parmesan
Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Bbox Jovial einkorn pasta
- 16-ounces Red sauce
- 1 cup Grated raw Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on the box, and heat the sauce in a pan on low until warm. Drain pasta, and add a tablespoon of olive oil if desired. Top with sauce and raw Parmesan.
Pecan Pie Bowl with Farrow
Prep: 15 Minutes | Cook time: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup Farro
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Nut milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Pecans
- To Taste Banana Slices & Mixed Berries
- In a large stock pot, bring the water to boil and add the farro and nut milk.
- Turn the heat to low, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup and sea salt. Once slightly cooked, top with the fruit.
Italian-Inspired Millet Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups Zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups Eggplant, cubed
- 1 cup Tomato, diced
- 1 cup Millet
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 cups Basil
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and roast the zucchini and eggplant for 25 minutes. In a large stock pot, bring the vegetable stock to boil and add the millet. Turn the heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a food processor, add all the pesto ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegetables, millet and pesto. Add a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper to taste.